Monday, November 10

10 more days... :-D

until I see Dwight again! I'm so excited... I haven't seen him since he proposed over Labor day, and I'll be meeting his family for the first time, too. I'm a bit nervous - I suppose its normal to wonder "are they gonna like me???" It seems so hard to believe all that has come about in the past year... it will have been 11 months to the day (when we get married) since Dwight first asked me for Dad's number or even approached getting to know me better. Whew! Alot sure has happened since then - officially a couple in July, engaged the end of August, married in Nov.!

Dwight is an amazing man, and I can't wait to be his wife! Right now we are studying Eph. 5 and how it relates to our relationship. Sometimes it can be awkward to discuss over the phone simply because I can't see his facial expressions (like he can't always tell if I'm joking or not because he can't see me grinning!), but I'm so grateful that we can talk on the phone. If this were last century, we'd have writers cramp for sure! :-) I feel so clueless about how to be a good wife to him... but he is incredibly patient, and it will be wonderful to learn with him!

And oh... I think I perhaps may have come up with a solution for a "for now" headboard! I guess I'll have to see how it works, but I have this HUGE wooden sign from Pottery Barn that says "Rooms for Rent, Inquire Within" that I bought last year. (Okay... I saw it and being in charge of student housing at the IBLP headquarters, I felt like I was losing my mind sometimes trying to keep track of people's coming and goings, where exactly I had placed them, etc. The wording totally cracked me up - to the point of tears, it was really sad!- and I just wanted it so badly. But the price was absolutely outrageous. I couldn't pay it for a couple of 2x4s that had been nailed together and painted! So I prayed about it (seems a bit silly, but nothing is ever to small to talk to the Lord about!), that if it was something He wanted me to have, that it would come down to below a certain price. It was a couple of months later that I was checking out the clearance page and saw it listed there - and under the price I had mentioned! I was SO excited... hehe!) But anyways... I was thinking I could perhaps hang it about where the upper part of the headboard might be, and use really large pillows up against the wall for cushion, and then we would just need to purchase a metal frame to get the mattresses off of the floor. I have a really difficult time imagining things sometimes... but I suppose we can give it a try! Any ideas from those of you who have "budget decorated" before???

No comments: