Friday, June 11

I am a real person...

... dependent upon the grace of God.

I confess:
*My house is currently messy, and I have a pile of dishes on the counter. My bathroom is desperately in need of cleaning. Any takers? ;-)
*I sometimes make frozen pizza (Yup, the ones they sell for $1 - and I try to use coupons to make them even cheaper) for my husband (twice in this last week alone!). Obviously, not every meal is gourmet & highly creative, or even homemade. I love to cook - but life happens.  He prefers PB&J sandwiches for lunch. (That gave me some serious "I can't believe I'm sending my husband to work with that" guilt complex the first few months!)
*My vitamin list does not fill a page or cause anyone to be impressed. I take two and they both come from Wal-Mart. I sometimes forget to take them.
*My child is unique, amazing, talented and thrilling - just like EVERY precious child God has lovingly created.
*Our marriage is wonderful and we have learned so much as we learn to love each other as God first loved us. (Rare, or in denial, are the newlyweds who haven't faced difficulties of some sort or measure... true?) And we  have tons to learn - bring it on! Maybe we'll write a book after we've celebrated 125 years. Until then, we'll be too busy learning. ;-)
*I have interests and I have skills. Really! I promise to not bore you by being sure you take notice. In fact, most of the time I'd really rather you didn't.
*Shockingly, not everyone likes me. Really, it doesn't bother me. ;-) Chloe and Dwight think I'm fabulous.
*I have killed plastic plants before. Yet I still try to grow real ones anyhow. Someday - I'll have bouquets of fresh-cut flowers. :-) I'll share, too!
*You won't be seeing a picture of Chloe as she enjoys an apple muffin on her 1st birthday - titled her first exposure to sugar! Reason: Dwight gave her a sip of Mt. Dew when she was 3 days old. Hasn't hurt her in the least bit.
*I didn't send out Christmas cards last year. Or the year before that! Someday I do hope to. ;-)
*I haven't worn make-up since Monday.
*I frequently lose my phone. Last time - it was under the fridge.  (Thank you, Chloe!)
*I don't like sushi, or escargo, or eel, or octopus (fried or boiled), or plain fat. Yes, I've tried them. I guess I'm just picky. ;-)
*My Bible is ESV, not Hebrew/Latin/or  Old English.
*My personal devotional/relational/nutritional/ etc. habits or opinions are just that - personal.
*et cetera

... so anywho. In case there are any myths out there - I hope they've been dispelled. ;-)Yes, I am in a rather facetious mood today. My hair did look rather red this morning! :-P

6 comments:

Tiffany said...

Thank you for sharing, Beth. I appreciate you being real. =)

Stephanie B. said...

Loved this. :-)

Unknown said...

Haha, thanks girls! Glad y'all could take it for the humor it was. Some people like to be ultra-sensitive, I was a bit nervous about that! :-P

Stephanie B. said...

What is to be sensitive about? We all have different personalities and likes/dislikes. The world would sure be a boring place if we didn't. ;-)

Unknown said...

It sure would be! :-)

table43 said...

This made me laugh!! I appreciate your humor and love how real you are. Great post!! :)