We are saving SOOOOOOOO much money. (Or at least we will by the time she is out of them) The extra o's there may be overkill, but it gets the point across. :-P Seriously though, this is my stash: I'm not for sure what the cost would be if I used regular ones, because I have no idea how many diapers she goes through in a day (Huggies Pure & Natural), but I'm thinking it would be more. She hates being dirty or wet and wants changed el pronto. An added savings benefit, too, is that aside from the 1 pink HP, and the 1 pink cover... it could all be used again for hopefully another baby, boy or girl! :-)
* 3 One-size BumGenuis Organic snap = $60 (amazing sale!)
* 3 Haute Pocket One-Size snap = $36
* lifetime supply of Dappi plastic pants (i.e., 2 pkgs. of 3 ea. in xs - large) = $24
* 3 unknown newborn/ small covers = free
* 3 Thirsties Duo covers (one size 1/ two size 2) = $33.75
* Hanging bag for the dirty ones = $21
* 30 Gerber prefolds = about $45
* wipes from an old flannel sheet = free
* pins (3 pkgs., so 12 pins) = $3
* 3 hemp doublers = $9
#2. They smell so fresh and non-perfumy or plasticy. (edit: when clean)
#3. Colors!!! So many fun ones to choose from!
#4. Makes her bottom fluffy. :-P I think it makes it easier to hold her!
#5. They say it helps prevent diaper rash...
#6. Since you just re-wash them, I don't really have to worry about quick runs to the store or running out.
#7. I don't have to picture them rotting in a landfill. Though obviously that isn't a huge one for us, since I do buy sposies for travel. Still, its a gross thought.
More to be added to later... :-D
(Oh and if you are going to have a baby registry, people are more than happy to give towards building your stash! That is how we got a lot of ours and it was a generous and wonderful help for sure!)
Helpful hint: When baby is beside you on the bed, diaperless to air (helps prevent rash), DON'T wait as long as I just did... groan....