Wednesday, May 26

They said...

"My feelings are not God. God is God. My feelings do not define truth. God's word defines truth. My feelings are echoes and responses to what my mind perceives. And sometimes–many times–my feelings are out of sync with the truth. When that happens–and it happens every day in some measure–I try not to bend the truth to justify my imperfect feelings, but rather, I plead with God: Purify my perceptions of your truth and transform my feelings so that they are in sync with the truth.
That's the way I live my life every day. I hope you are with me in that battle."
- John Piper, Finally Alive


This spoke to my heart today. I've been very tired lately and just overwhelmed at my frequent forgetfulness and just general inability to get anything done! I need to focus on God's promises that "When I am weak He is strong," and that "His strength is made perfect in my weakness!" :-)

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

You and I had twin days!!! As I told Andrew this morning, "I feel like I lost my anchor in the night and I'm really not sure what to do next." Look at the stars that are shining for you tonight and know that He sees you where you are. Blessings!